Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:17:58 -0700
Went to the dentist today, for the first time since being on mostly meat diet.

The hygienist said, your gums look so good, so tight and so pink.

That is the first time they ever said that to me.

I always had good hygiene (floss, etc) but the carbs would wreck everything.

Now, lest you get jealous, a person who goes paleo this late in life  has
many residual problems, like a mouth full of mercury! not to mention bone
loss, pockets, etc.

But, anyway, she was impressed by the tight gums, cool, huh?

If everyone was paleo (esp very low/no carb paleo)  would dentists have any
business?

Also, the hygiene treatment that they do in the office, how good is it for
you? They scrape your teeth hard supposedly to get away plaque, they put
some pretty abrasive stuff on it to "polish" the teeth which feels like
gravel, etc

A friend from Europe told me they don't do the routine "cleanings" there,
she thinks it is a money thing here.