From:
Kimberly Altman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:46:18 -0400
>nutritionists on the list; do insurance companies accept the latest
research
>on the Paleolithic diet and refer patients to you?

Well in the "real world" this is the way it goes -- Doctors (and insurance
companies) will refer to me -- and I practice medical nutrition therapy.
I've had my practice for 2 years -- initially I was very "careful" about
using Paleolithic or low carb -- now I am very vocal about it.  There is
only one doctor (and I deal with probably close to 100) that does not want
his patients on this type of eating (he "prescribes" ridiculously low
calorie, low fat, high carbohydrate diets that are dismal failures..).
There is one endocrinologist who refers patients asking for the "high
protein" diet.  Things are coming around --very slowly..  I am lucky in that
I am my own boss so I can practice as I see fit.  The results speak for
themselves -- labs don't lie.  Kimberly