From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:35:40 -0700
From: "Adrienne Smith" <[log in to unmask]>

> Kath:
> Thanks for posting the diet and herb info.  I'm wondering whether or not
> you drink green, oolong, white or black tea as all of them purportedly
> possess anti-cancer properties.  Also, do you emphasize a particular kind
> of fat in your diet ie monosaturated (olive oil) or saturated (coconut
> oil)?

Hi, Adrienne.  I forgot to mention tea on the list I posted.  Actually, the
list was just part of my protocol.  Yes, I drink tea - usually organic green
tea, but sometimes black.  I have trouble finding white tea here but
understand that it is very powerful.  I used to take green tea
(decaffeinated) capsules but read some research which found large amts. of
tea to be detrimental to the thyroid, so I now just drink a cup of tea w/
dinner or have green tea in tincture form in spring water w/ breakfast.

Re. fat:  I do a lot of steaming and baking but when I do use an oil it is:
grape seed oil (very good anti-cancer), olive oil, coconut oil, walnut oil,
almond oil.    I use the walnut oil for baking, not frying.  Also take
Barlean's flax oil (kept in the freezer) ea. day w/ 1/2 cup of organic
cottage cheese.  Although I'm off dairy, the cott. cheese is the one
exception and the sulphur in the cott. cheese is necessary for the flax oil
to work properly.  There are other sulphur bearing foods, like brussel
sprouts, so sometimes I use one of them.

Hope this helps,
Kath