From:
Tom Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:55:45 -0400
Hi Folks,

I have recently been obsessing about the carb load in my paleo diet. Reason?
In the archives I found a section on "average day" menus that showed quite a
lot of variation.

Atkins states that 100gm of carbs is a good maintenance and that the average
American takes in 300+/day. One person posted the following:

My usual Paleo diet is:

- Lots of red meat, especially beef.

- Bacon and Eggs, with occasional cheese omelets, lots of butter.

- Roast Pork

- A little chicken or turkey

- 1 lb. Salmon once a week cooked on the backyard grill.

- About 7 apples a day

- About 3 pears a day

- One HUGE salad of lettuce (various types), raw broccoli, occasional

tomatoes, olive oil.

- A lot of salt on the meats and salad.

- Odds and ends, strawberries if there any good that day, blueberries,

radishes, cucumber, melons, onions, garlic.

The apples and pears alone add up to nearly 225gm of carbs/day. Any
thoughts?

I also wonder if eating paleo would naturally be low-salt.

Tom Barber