From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:02:58 -0500
Ken Stuart wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 07:56:35 -0500, Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > There is far more to good Paleo health than getting
> >the food right.  Getting exercise right is probably more important.
>
> I have to strongly disagree with this.
> Ken

Having been on various diets most of my life, especially
those "weight loss" ones that are low everything, all I can
say is that nothing worked until I went paleo.  Whatever
carbs I get now come from the fruit and veggies - I eat no
grains, potatoes, beans or dairy.  I went wheatless (celiac)
about Feb 1 and full paleo about Apr 1 of this year.  I have
not changed my activity level.  Weight loss so far in 2002
is 35 pounds and is still dropping about 2 pounds a week.  I
heard years of advice to "get moving, you gotta exercise"
from the doctor who put me on diet pills at age 7 thru the
well meaning but misguided relative who sent me Richard
Simmons tapes a couple years ago for Xmas.  Thus I must say
that in my experience exercise has little to do with it.
Maybe for others it is different?

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee