From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 06:18:31 +0000
>On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:42:51 -0800, Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
>>I would rather hear about the benefits of eating cooked meat than what it
>>is supposed to protect ourselves from.
>
>Cooked meat is more digestable than raw, allowing us to assimilate
>greater quantities of protein. BTW cooked meat is better for dogs
>(our companions in our evolution) as it is for humans.
>
>    http://www.mybluedog.com/rawmeat.html
>
>Philip Thrift
>http://www.paleofitness.com

The bluedog site is reknown among paleo dog feeders as being full of bad
logic, bad information and prejudice. Besides, she is a seller of a
"premium" kibble, and has everything to gain from promoting it. The author
has resisted all attempts of engaging in fruitful discussion. She's as much
of a writeoff for us as Ornish is for Paleos.

Personally, I can't decide whether the benefits of being able to digest
something outweigh its value as food once the enzymes are destroyed and
proteins altered, and neither can my dog.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!