From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:10:03 -0600
>When I was eating winter diet, I seemed to be more
>satisfied, and now I'm all over the map.

My experience - maybe not everyone else's - tells me this is normal. It's
quite possible that some of us have some sort of genetic trigger that
recognizes that more/certain food is available during the summer months,
and adjusts cravings accordingly. I know it's much easier for me to "diet"
during the winter months even though I can drop fat MUCH more easily during
the summer.

During the winter months fruit and dairy have very little appeal to me, but
during summer I find myself craving them frequently. The opposite is true
of nuts.

However, the last time I *really* craved dairy was when I was recovering
from a surgery a couple years ago. I think my body was trying to maximize
certain nutrients, and dairy was the best at the time.