From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:40:47 -0500
From: "Richard Geller" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Milk, Foreign Proteins and Heart Disease

> I didn't know that viruses could be "killed" through pasteurization.

You're not alone. I pick my husband's brain occasionally <he might even
claim that at times I eat it, too......LOL....sorry, ya'll, I couldn't
resist that> and he says that viruses can't be killed through
pasteurization.  I got sort of lost in thought when he said this and didn't
quite catch all of what he said next, but I believe it was that viruses
survive sterilization temps and even temps far above that.  The gist of what
I got was that viruses are (virtually?) indestructible. We were taking our
daily constitutional (i.e., walking sweaty laps) so I didn't expend breath
to query further.  But my specific question to him had to do with BLV in the
commercial milk supply.  He volunteered the rest about viruses &
pasteurization w/o my even asking.

I guess we can put our faith in the good old USDA <g> or just forego dairy
altogether as we've been paleo-advised to do.

Theola