From:
Justine Shrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:25:26 -0600
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this list and have been learning a lot from reading your
messages.

I've been on the Atkins Diet and have lost 25 pounds but am currently in the
"Atkins stall".
For this and other reasons (skin problems, osteoarthritis), I'd like to try
this diet. Neanderthin doesn't seem odd to me because I've always liked meat
and fat. (When I tried vegetarianism, I was just a porkchop away from being
an omnivore again.)

I've read NEANDERTHIN very carefully and don't understand a couple of
things. One has to do with wax beans and greens. It seems to me that they
can be eaten raw. Also, I wonder about roots and tubers because I think that
some so-called "stone-age" people in the Amazon eat manioc as sort of a
staple.

Thanks to everyone for the informative messages.