From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:10:10 -0700
The below posting from Anna is the stupidest thing that I have
read in a long time.  It is one thing to suggest
that we eat a Paleo diet because that it what best
suits our body.  It is also fine to look to the Paleos
in order to structure an exercise regimen.  However,
when one starts watching fictitious movies about hunter
gatherers in an attempt to ape (pun intended) them
then one has fallen to the same level as a common
trekkie.  The below letter is a good example of how good ideas get
absolutized into dogma for religious cults.  For god's sake, get a life
already!

--- "Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi folks, I just saw an old movie starring Cornell
> Wylde
> called "The Naked Prey"..made in the late 50's.  It
> was
> pretty interesting.  It's about an African safari
> that violates
> a tribe's territory during their hunt.  It's
> supposed to take
> place in the late 1800's.  The casting of natives is
> authentic.
>
> The part you might like is related to the punishment
> that's dished out to the violators.  Most are
> killed, very
> creatively I might add, ways I've never seen before,
> but
> the star, Mr. Wylde, is allowed to run free into the
> African
> savannah, naked, with a head start.  There will be a
> dozen
> of the tribe's best hunters after him during the
> movie.
>
> He is literally out there with nothing.  His
> survival depends
> on his witts.  If he succeeds in getting away from
> them,
> he wins. You see him hunting and gathering as best
> he can, when he isn't fighing the hunters for his
> life.
> It was filmed entirely in Africa, on location.
> It's an authentic look at the tribe's lifestyles as
> well as
> what it would really be like for someone out there
> with
> nothing.  I won't say how it ends.  But it was very
> entertaining.
>
> Happy movie-ing!
>
> Anna  8-)

===