From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:03:48 -0800
Peter:
 >>Yet, the diet that you are proposing is quite far off from such a diet.

Amadeus:
 >How do you know?  I use a lot of variation, I don't have a year round
 >staple.

Over a year what percentage of your diet in calories is tubers, grains,
seeds, and legumes respectively?  If you compare these figures to
any of the estimates of what our hominid ancestors were eating on
the African savannah of these four categories of foods, I think that
you will find that you are quite off the mark.

 >Fallback means that the normal primate food - which are fruit seeds
 >blossoms insects which are abundant in a rain forest stops being
 >available some time in the year.

Interesting concept.

 >I follow the tuber path, it seems more probable to me.

All power to the tubers but let us see first see what the numbers show....

Peter:
 >>Well, lucky you that coincides with you happening to be a vegetarian. ;-)

 >That's part of the sympathy for me, but looking scientifically we shouldn't
 >look onto our motives but on the facts.  And very important not forget the
 >facts because of one's motives.

Yet, you seem to be having the hardest time practicing this.  It is
part of the human condition that the more we have invested into an
issue on a personal, ideological level, the less we are able to retain
the ability to separate fantasy from reality.  Your dilemma is that no
matter how many compelling arguments you try to come up with,
it does not change the reality that you did not become a vegetarian
because of "facts".  Your denial of this is expressed in how you so
effortlessly dance around dodging the issues and is the main reason
for your lack credibility in my eyes....

Peter