From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:19:03 EST
In a message dated 12/18/02 1:13:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>     The main things you need to stay away from are foods that are difficult
>     on the liver.  These are red meats, nuts and seeds, and white flour or
>     white sugar.

How could nuts and seeds be hard on the liver?  These are high fat foods and
I thought the liver needed fats to stimulate bile flow.  I once heard Dr. Ron
Hoffman (popular alternative MD in NYC) on his radio program tell a caller
who had been diagnosed with a fatty liver to eat MORE protein and fats
because they are what stimulate bile flow whereas in his opinion, too many
carbs is what actually causes a "fatty liver".  It's interesting that the
caller's own doctor advised her to eat a very low fat, high complex carb diet
but she told Dr. Hoffman that that is how she had been eating prior to her
diagnosis so it obviously hadn't helped her.

Adrienne