From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:15:20 -0700
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:35:35 -0500, Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hydrolized Vegetable Protein is all natural, as it is made with
>>all natural ingredients. But that doesn't make it something that I would
>>want to eat.
>
>Yes, I do believe hydrolized vegetable protein is soy and not something
>you would want to consume.  How natural can something be when it is
>powdered, toasted, pre cooked and manufactured?  Oliva

Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein has free glutamic acid that can pass
through the blood-brain barrier and cause neural damage (c.f.
"excitotoxins").

Avoid any product containing it (in fact, avoid all products with
processed ingredients).

--
Cheers,

Ken