From:
"~Rainah~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:36:07 -0500
Hello,
This is my first time posting to ths list...I just found it
yesterday...My name is Rainah, I'm 50, feel 30, and look about 35...I
had been a whole food vegetarian for 26 years, up until 3 weeks ago,
when I started the "o" diet, being an "o".  Well I must say I took to it
like a fish to water...at first I had to bridge years of the
misconception about eating meat...when I first became vegetarian it was
for what I thought to be moral reasons..."Thou shalt not kill" and I
figured if I couldn't kill it, and I couldn't, then who was I to have
someone do my dirty work for me?  Over the years it became a matter of
health reasons for not eating meat...hormones, steroids, chicken manure,
pollution, etc.
I live in a very natural invironment relatively speaking...I have an
organic vegetable farm on 40 acres 10 under cultivation.  After years of
working with nature and with the help of shows like wild America, and
Wild Discovery, I have come to view the natural world and my place in
it, differently.  And I can more appreciate my place on the food chain.
Well any way this is my 5th  day on the NeanderThin diet and I just love
it...First thing I did was clean my refridgerator, my pantry, and my
freezer...that was so kewl!  Jars and jars of grain, cereal, flour for
bread, dried  beans, soy milk, rice milk, vegetable oil, ..It was the
best, it all became so simple"Simple!" I love it.  It has caused me to
eat much more vegetables, and I've had to learn how to cook meat and
with meat...it has been so interesting.  Thank you Ray, for pointing
out, with your book, the simple natural truth about what to eat...an
issue that has plaqued  me whole life..being the naturalist that I am, I
have always had problems with technological dependent food, which I
considered to be processed foods...your book has just taken it one step
closer.
Also, in closing let me say how great it is to find a support group of
people on the same path...this really has been an exciting week. Thanks
for being here everybody!
Oh yeah, one more thing, a question..why not sweet potatoes and what
about Jerusalum Artichokes?
            From the heart,
                 ~ Rainah ~