From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:15:48 -0500
Subject: Re: New Years Resolution
From: Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:44:09 -0500

----- [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >Huh? No weight lost in two weeks?
> >
> >I am not at all discouraged. Maybe I've replaced lost fat weight with
> >muscle. But it is slightly curious.
> >
> >Thoughts?

> As I mentioned some time back, I started experimenting
> with a high-fat "Optimal Diet" approach back in August.
> I readily lost 35 lbs., but need to lose 20 or so more.
> My weight loss came to a screeching halt around the end
> of November. Since then, I've been able to drop a few
> pounds, but they come back, so I've made no real headway.

Here's an idea. Could it be that Kwasniewski's "Optimal Diet" takes us down to our optimal weight? And that the optimal weight for Homo sapiens has a few kilos more body fat than contemporary American ideals? That is, the Optimal Diet won't take you down any further simply because further is not optimal.

It may be that if Kwasniewski examined you he would pinch that small roll of fat around your tummy admiringly and ask where on earth you got the crazy idea you had to lose another 20 lb.

Keith