From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:11:24 +0900
On Friday, August 26, 2005, at 09:47  AM, Wally Day wrote:

> Interesting "paleo diet" article in T-Nation (a bodybuilding site).
>
> http://www.t-nation.com/
> readTopic.do;jsessionid=8FAF8FB908D9FC1E153A458941D27BC7.hydra?id=73284
> 5
>
> I am having trouble resolving who the authors are characterizing as
> "paleo-faddists". And who do you suppose postulates that carbs "didn't
> exist" in the paleolithic? (Jim, you've probably seen this).

A pretty good overview, I thought. Just two small problems. They
repeated the idea that people only lived to be 32 on average.
Meaningless, because most of the deaths were for the young, so they
didn't contribute to the next generation's genes. It was the survivors
who passed on their genes.

Also, they said paleo people ate grains. Well probably true, in a few
places, and for a few weeks or months of the year. Few paleo people
could have made grains a big part of the diet, so they are too
dismissive of the ideas most people here follow.