From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:54:47 +1000
> This only highlights (for me) the difficulty in sorting out just what
> people really were eating 50-100,000 years ago.

yes, i think there are many problems in working out what people ate even 100
years ago, if there are significant cultural and language barriers.  eg,
aboriginal concept of time seems to be very differently 'wired' compared to
ours..asking a question like 'how many fish did u eat last week' is not as
straightforward as we think it is. other cultures find our attitudes just as
bizarre of course :)

andrew