From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 19:43:10 PST
Fellow hunter gatherers

I have been following the Neanderthin diet for a week, and I am very
happy.  I used to crash in a 1400 class every Monday, Wednesday, and
Friday.  It hasn't happenes once this week.  I have a few questions for
anyone who has answers:

Are cashews paleo?  It seems a few people think not.  I can't find any
information that says they are legumes.  A non-paleo friend of mine says
they are toxic before processing.

Why is bacon paleo?  Eating uncooked pork can kill you; am I wrong?

What is cured bacon and suasage non-paleo?

Where does one find these things? I am deer hunter, and have the
opportunity to kill wild hogs as well.  I would consider making my own
uncured bacon and sausage if anyone can point to a good book or website
on doing so.

I recall Ray writing that a particular squash is non-paleo.  What about
gourds in general?

If oils are out, why is olive oil allowed?  Is it because it is pressed
form the seed of a paleo food?  I know you can't eat olive pits?

I rarely ever feel stuffed anymore, and I feel hungry often.  I assume
that means my metabolism is higher.  Does this sound right?

Thanks for any help
Rob in Lubbock, TX