From:
Tina Kimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:05:34 -0700
At 6:30 AM -0400 4/25/07, Geoffrey Purcell wrote:
>(Incidentally, does anyone know of a website with an even  more detailed
>breakdown of the nutrients in human milk - I haven't found one that is
>scientifically rigorous enough for my liking).

this info is in articles in scientific journals
which usually cost $, so they are not put on
websites for free. my dissertation is on
breastfeeding policy. i recently ran across a
relevant article i could barely read, it was so
detailed and scientific!

Goldman, A. S. (2000). Modulation of the
gastrointestinal tract of infants by human milk:
Interfaces and interactions: An evolutionary
perspective. J Nutr, 130(2S Suppl), 426S-431S.

ask me and i'll send you the pdf.

tina

Tina Kimmel, MSW, MPH
PhD Candidate, UC Berkeley School of Social Welfare

"All human beings are born free and equal in
dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason
and conscience, and should act towards one
another in a spirit of brotherhood." -- Article 1
of the United Nations Universal Declaration of
Human Rights, 1948