From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:32:38 MDT
Dear list members;

Since we're discussing mail list manners, I'm wondering if I could
post some
info on Michael and Mary Dan Eades.  My guess is that if and when they
appear on air or in print, you'd like to know about it.  I'll happily
keep
you up to date and already have with no negative response (to date).

But I have mixed feelings on posting the press kit we're putting out.
For
one thing, I'm not sure how to do it; will MS Word attachments work on
this
list?  And, to be honest, I worry some of us will rip the materials
posted.
I'll be completely honest with you; it won't be posting it for your
input,
only your perusal.  We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'm not
sure I'm
up for taking criticism on the press kit, something I'm very proud of.
But
if enough people tell me they're interested in seeing it, I'll gladly
post
it to the list, or send it privately if that's better.  Humility
aside, my
boss and I know what it takes to grab the attention of producers and
editors
and the thought of being told how to do my job makes me wonder if it's
good idea to post the press kit.

In the meantime, we're targeting magazines first.  But work has
already
begun on other options.  We've gotten positive response from numerous
shows
and publications, including:

Cosmopolitan
Penthouse (nyuck, nyuck!)
Mademoiselle
Muscle & Fitness
The Oliver North Show
Charlie Rose
The Today Show (woo hoo!)
The Rosie O'Donnell Show (double woo hoo!)

If you think you'd like to see the press kit documents, let me know
and I'll
gladly supply them one way or another.

Dori Zook