From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:13:24 -0800
At 11:54 AM 02/05/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>While I can agree with this *in part*, I've always
>found this explanation to be far to simplistic, and
>not in accord with history.

        The law of gravity existed before it could be quantified and explained by
scientist. The truth, no matter how simple it may seem when you have the
ability to quantify and examine it, has existed long before. In this case
follow the money trail. This will give you even more complex answers to
questions you may not have had and satisfy any belief that something has to
be complex to be valid.

> If this was true, then
>there would have been no plagues, and biological
>weapons would be utterly worthless.

        How so? Even during the plague not all died that came in contact despite
the fact that those not afflicted ate the same food, breathed the same air,
and slept in the same house. Not even the majority were stricken. What is
the underlying commonalty to those diseased? I would say their inability to
adapt to internal and external environmental stresses whether they be from
mental, physical, or chemical sources or a combination thereof. Our ability
to adapt is controlled by one system: the nervous system.

> Not *all* bacterial or viral events can be explained by an
>imbalanced metabolism - unless you can believe that an
>entire population can exhibit a specific flaw that
>allows an infection to "take hold" (measles and
>smallpox in the new world).

        I did not say that they had an imbalance in metabolism. Nature is
incapable of programming us for failure(death before our time). All
systems/functions in our body are geared towards adaption. I would believe
germs caused disease if 100% of those exposed died or even became ill. This
is not so.

>Don't get me wrong. I don't believe we are destined to
>become infected with whatever infectious disease comes
>down the pike. But, I also don't think diet and
>lifestyle will automatically make us immune to
>"everything*.

        Nor do I. You are assuming this to be my belief without me having said it.

Dave