From:
Janice Hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:05:26 -0400
At 08:46 AM 9/29/2002 -0500, Keith Thomas wrote:

>I'm puzzled about people <falling off the [Paleo] wagon>. . . <snip>
>
>For the past nine months, I have not <fallen off the [Paleo] wagon> and
>can't see why I would.
>
>Some list contributors refer to periods of stress which precipitate eating
>non Paleo food.  But the chain of events still seems to me to be
>incomplete, partly because, when I was vegetarian, stress didn't cause me
>to eat meat.
>
>How does it happen? Whats going on?

My major problem is with sweets.  Grains and dairy don't tempt me much.
They also cause me stomach problems (indigestion), so the desire to stay
pain/discomfort-free keeps me on track there.  However, I do consider any
cheese samples that are sitting out at the local Whole Foods Market to be
fair game.

But I have a real and serious problem craving sweets.  My latest issue is
with chocolate.  I'm not even a huge chocolate fan, but I think since it's
the one bit of candy I allow myself, I've tended to get a bit carried away
with it.  I do buy the super dark bittersweet stuff.  A little of that goes
a long way, so one bar usually lasts me a couple of days.  But it's
seductive and addictive, and I think I'm going to have to cut it out
completely.

I also eat sweet potatoes occasionally, because I truly love them.  Haven't
had more than little tastes of white potato in months.

Other than that I do pretty well.  I just really really really have to
watch the sweet stuff.

Janice in GA