From:
Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:59:44 -0500
> Thanks in advance for helping Sharon and her husband (in the, "What??? No
potatoes??" phase).

> Kath

Congratulations to your new non-vegetarian friend.  This change in diet has
been a total reversal in my viewpoint on food too. I'm still getting used to
it myself.  I didn't even really like meat two months ago.  But after a
month, I'm so happy on this diet... I feel great. I eat as much as I want,
no more digestion problems, I'm very slowly losing weight (I don't really
need to lose any), and the food is soooo good.  This last weekend I tried
the shredded cabbage-apple-bacon recipe in the archives as a side dish to
paleomeatloaf.  What a yummy meal.

Speaking of potatoes...  I really don't understand why they are considered
bad. Is it the high glycemic index? Is it because they must be cooked?
Potatoes seem so natural...  I'd really appreciate an explanation as to why
we shouldn't eat them.

Thanks,
Charlotte