From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:10:28 -0600
Mike Dilger wrote:

> But this list has little resemblance to sticking to the science.  In
> fact, it seems more like people here trust themselves a great deal more
> than any outside source of science.
>
> Science is constantly subtly plagued with preconceived opinion.  Many
> studies are inconclusive or have invalid results because the
> experimenters had already made up their minds about what the outcome
> should be.

Thanks for the interesting observations.  Yes, many people on this list do
make up their own minds, partly for the reason specified in the second
paragraph above.  When "science" is bought and paid for by industry or
commerce,
we feel that we really can't believe it.  The other, and even more
important,
reason is that each person's physiology and metabolism is different;
what works
for me is not the same as what works for Dori is not the same as what works
for you.

You'll find most of us are very interested in what the paleo people
really ate, as far as
we can tell, but we realize that an immense gap separates us from them.
So we do
what we can do, and try to find out what works.  Each person's own
body/mind is the ultimate
judge of any way of eating.

    Lynnet