From:
John Footen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:22:42 -0400
PALEOFOOD Digest - 28 Jul 2002 (#2002-374)I, like many others here, first came to Paelo as a means of losing weight.  I was very successful on my first run.  I lost 75 pounds in 9 or 10 months.  I was very strict.

I have since regained all of that and put on another 25 more after leaving the diet (and my home in SE Asia) and returning to live in the US.  I am 100 lbs over weight in 18 months!  Good old American food.

In any case, I was reading some information today on the total lack of effectiveness of ANY diet for long-term weight loss.  There are exceptions of course, but in the main, my experience is common.  This was from Doctor Dean Edell's Eat Drink and be Merry book.

I am curious if anyone here has had similar problems with Paleo weight ups and downs and if any successful people had good advice for keeping it off when you get there.

I want to do it only one more time as it is coming off much more slowly this time.