From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:48:19 -0500
On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:53:02 -0500 Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
Now, this has nothing to do with this family's reputation for
arthritis and psoriasis, but there is a foreign compound
floating around the human system of people that eat these foods.

Ardeith writes:
Many years ago, I read something in the Arthritis Foundation's
magazine that said the damage caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis
is not found in skeletal remains dug up in England until the late
1400's and 1500's.........the skeletons showed Osteoarthritis
damage but not the RA....which is an autoimmune thing.  This
would fit in with the introduction of potatoes from the New
World....and even tho' tomatoes were originally thought to
be poisonous by Europeans, they did become part of the
diet......but, eggplant, which is in the same plant family,
was known in the Middle East long before Columbus.....
I think.    The more I read what you people post, the
more it all makes sense to me........thanks.

Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.