From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:46:28 -0400
Lurisia wrote:
> "The average 55 year-old American male has 5 lbs of
> undigested red meat in his
> colon."

As far as I know, it's complete nonsense. The cells that line the colon
are sloughed off and replaced every three days, so what would anything
stick to? It's funny that there is this whole body of people who believe
in the impacted colon though they've never gotten to look inside, and
then there's this whole other body of people (nurses and doctors) who
perform colonoscopies and sigmoidoscopies, many of whom have seen the
insides of hundreds of aged colons and have never seen the alleged
impaction. These people know that after a day of fasting and a pint of
magnesium citrate the colon is completely cleaned out and residue free.
You just need to figure out how to get the people from the first group
to talk to the people in the second group.
I recently got to sit in on the sigmoidoscopy of a middle-aged family
member and see the clean mucosa for myself. Colonic irrigation is a huge
commercial phenomenon all based on a scam, and it's not as if colonics
or even enemas are without risk. You can puncture and you can introduce
pathogens.