From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:17:54 -0500
> I found the ref on cod liver oil - it was in Neanderthin, not Paleo Diet.
On
> page 80 of the paperback it says "If you choose to go with fish oil (for
> omega 3), please be aware that cod liver oil . . .  contains potentially
> toxic quantities of vitamins A and D if the oil is taken in excessive
> doses."

Although I am not knowledgeable on the subject, I think the advantage of cod
liver oil is that it is high in DHA which can be used by the body directly,
unlike w3 fatty acids which must be converted first, a relatively
inefficient process.

I see the presence of A and D as an advantage.

I take about 1 teaspoonful every day or so of Carlson's lemon flavor cod
liver oil. The other days I take flaxseed oil. I always take Vitamin E with
them. I notice some real benefits in terms of skin tone.

--Richard