From:
Julie Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:50:58 -0800
> Their approach to diet is to try and optimize the digestive process.
> They want to minimize the amount of time food spends in the digestive
> tract and minimize the amount of energy needed to digest it.

I read Fit for Life years ago when my mother begged me to
because she was embarking on vegetarianism.  Since it was so
long ago, I may have forgotten a lot of their philosphy, but
I remember it struck me as totally not backed up by real
scientific fact.  The one thing that got me was the rule
about not drinking water before? meals or something because
it would dilute the stomach acid too much so that you
couldn't digest well.  This doesn't make much sense, because
your stomach juices have SO much acid that it would take
mega amounts of water to change the pH level much at all.
Check it out with your local high school chemistry teacher.

I think that the Diamonds have many gimmicks that aren't
really backed up scientifically, but basically they do
recommend healthier choices than many diets-- i.e. no sugar,
etc.  But their approach is more Natural Hygeine (like Dr.
Bernarr-- but that's another topic)

Julie