Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:30:56 -0500
At 11:46 PM 2/27/01 -0700, you wrote:

>While we are at breakfast;  Did you say you eat a pound of
>bacon at breakfast?   If so how do you feel all that regular
>salt affects you?    I eat a little bacon for the flavor,
>but usually buy  pork chops or steak as it is not salted.
>Do you use "Sea Salt"

Just a note from one newly Paleo.  Here in my supermarkets, the pork chops
CAN have added salt!  My Kroger's here has begun marketing a brand of both
pork chops and chicken as "Moist and Tender" silver label.  It says they've
been injected--in the case of the pork chops--with a water and salts
solution "to increase tenderness."  Same with poultry from Butterball, also
labeled something like moist and tender, only with the chicken it says the
injections include not only salt water but "vegetable broth" and mysterious
"spices" for flavor.  And there are several kinds of salt thingies listed,
with chemical names.  I guess this serves a couple of purposes for them--it
adds cheap water weight to what you're paying for by the pound, and it
probably disguises the off flavor of the rather unhealthy meats as they go
off, thus increasing the meat's shelf life.  My husband accidently brought
some of this chicken and pork chops home one day.   I had to use it.  The
chicken had this awful, artificial taste to it.  Definitely got to find a
place for and buy a freezer, and order some good meat soon.

PS  do any of you share freezers with relatives or friends?  If so, how
does that work out?

Cheers,
Ro