From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 04:06:53 -0500
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:15 Wally Day wrote:

>>"Tomato-Wild - Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium.  This species
>>of tomato is little changed from the wild.  The indeterminate
>>(need staking) plants produce literally hundreds of tiny
>>(3-4g) red fruit on long trusses. These ripen sequentially
>>so that fruit may be ripe at the top of the truss
>>and still quite green at the bottom.  Rich, sweet
>>and tart taste."
>
>So, what is your analysis of the taste. As advertised? Are they somewhat
>like the so-called "grape" tomatoes?

I'll let you know when they are ripe.  It's still Spring here and the
plants are just a few inches high.  We are experiencing light frosts most
mornings so the plants depend on my remembering to protect them for their
survival through to fruiting.  The challenge here is to have fresh home-
grown tomatoes by Christmas day.  On track so far!

Keith