From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:36:18 -0500
*I missed this post a while back".

Re Todd's comments:- I still don't see the problem.Even if fructose is a real problem(still unproven, overall), then palaeolithic tribes and those following a modern version of the Palaeolithic diet should have no issues re fructose given that they didn't indulge in fruit-juices or vast amounts of raw fruits in their diet. After all, even palaeo-oriented hunter-gatherers are cited as not deriving more than 25% of their overall calories from plant-foods, even when around the equator. And , like I said, while there are a plethora of studies done on refined fructose such as corn-syrup, the number of studies damning natural fructose is minimal by comparison(so far I've only come across 1).

I agree with you on 1 other thing:- the number of studies focusing on the differences between processed substances such as vitamins/minerals by comparison to those same substances within whole, natural foods, is minimal at best. No doubt this is caused by the fact that neither the government nor the big corporations have any genuine interest in natural products with shorter shelf-lives than they would want.

Geoff