Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 02:11:49 -0700
Hi!

Northern Californian new to the list.

I'm a 38 y/o diabetic, type 1, (misdiagnosed in Oct as T2,
rediagnosed with appropriate tests in March), started insulin
injections last month.

Been lo-carbing since October and got my HbA1c down to 5.6 from
12.1 on lo-carb, oral meds (as needed) and weight-lifting (former
couch potato) with a personal trainer for 18 weeks.

In December, switched career from computer programming to
helping my husband run his janitorial service, so even though I'm
not currently lifting weights, I do get lots of exercise!  In fact,
several hours at a time every other day or so (paperwork one day,
fill-in and startups next day).

I'm brand-spanking new to Paleo.  Have been waiting until budget
allows to get Ray's book.  (I want my **OWN** copy, no library
copies for me on subjects I want to learn _very_ well!)

Mostly what I know so far is what's talked about in Protein Power
Lifeplan (the 2000 book) and what I've seen on the www.

Won't be asking many questions for awhile, at least not until I've
RTFM. :-)  And some of the archives too.

So right now, I'm just working my way gradually over to Paleo.
Going lo carb was hard enough!  Day by day, food by food.

so........  howdy!