From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 15:16:25 -1000
Willow:
>On the day of it's demise they would get the
>pigglet drunk by including a 6-pack in it's feed. The pigglet would soon be
>in it's ever loving cups and would pass out at which point it was
>slaughtered, never knowing a moment of fear or pain. This means no fear
>driven adrenalin in the meat and a much better flavor. Plus it's not so
>unpleasant for the butcher.

Ha! FWIW, I heard a similar one just yesterday. An old-timer was telling me
that when it was time to sell a pig and he was the only one around (when he
was younger with small kids) he would feed it dry feed the night before and
withold water. The next morning he'd set out a bowl of sake and the pig
would lap it up. Once the pig was drunk he could lead it easily into the
back of his station wagon where he wouldn't even need to tie it.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft