From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:20:51 -0500
In a message dated 1/17/2012 3:48:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I've  found however that I just
have a great deal of difficulty getting  enough when limiting carbs and
protein.

Jim,

I really struggle with this as well.  While Volek and Phinney   indicate
that a truly high fat vlc diet would entail 70 - 80% fat -- they are  not
talking about a dairy-free paleo style vlc diet. If one uses heavy  cream or
butter and cheese, it's much easier to reach that high fat level  without
overdosing on too many omega 6's via olive oil, nuts, avocados  etc.  I sure wish
they would have included some thoughts on those who want  to do a vlc very
high fat diet in a more paleo style without any  dairy.  So many vlc
advocates wax poetic about the Inuit but the Inuit were  not eating dairy.