Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:26:10 +0000
Tom Bridgeland wrote:

> It is not 100% paleo, but...
>
> I use the above diet (minus the bread) every time I travel in a third
> world country. It really seems to prevent stomach ailments. I love to
> eat and drink the native foods, and take no special care other than
> this diet when traveling. I drink the tap water, eat at sidewalk
> stands. No problem. I make sure to eat papaya bananas and yougurt for
> breakfast every morning, and drink Coke several times a day. It is not
> paleo, but it works better than most medicines. I avoid taking
> antibiotics these days.
>
> By the way, a few days ago my daughter came home from her school with
> some stomach bug, and passed it on to me. So now I am doing the plan
> too. I got sick yesterday, stopped off at the super last night for
> some papayas and bananas. No coke, it does not seem so bad, and coke
> is SOOOO sweet now, I can hardly drink it.

It may not be 100% paleo, but its absolutely fascinating.I've never heard of
anything like it. I almost wsh I 'd get sick again so that I could try it out. I
saw some TV program the other night about how scientists followed apes around to
see what they ate when they were sick, maybe thats how the papaya thing started. Do
you know anything else like this? Tell us more,
Chris