Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:47:40 +0000
Yes, thats him. I dont blame him as most docs arent nutritionists and most
nutritionists follow the Food pyramid thingy. If you really want to read something
awful........my Mom who is 90 and has a recent illiostomy from cancer has this flu
too,except she collapsed. The emergency room docs checked her out, sent her home to
me and when I asked what I was supposed to do about the diarrhea they said they
didnt know because they werent trained in ostomy care. Needless to say, I just had
one of the most hellish weeks of my life. I'll spare you all the gory details, but
it strengthened my belief in researching what I need to do to stay healthy(read
*Paleo*). My doctor is a great guy but hes not super human(although after this
weekI think I might be) and I have to take some responsiblity for my health on my
own.....at least thats the way its seems to work if I want to stay healthy and
avoid that hospital.
This is the first time I have been sick in about 10 years and Im going to try for
never in the future. Meanwhile its bananas, fruit juice,ginger, broth and lots and
lots of rest. Oh, and get this...my health food store delivered!!!! acidopholus
caps to us when I called to ask them to mail them to us. I'm their customer forever
now.

Chris