From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:00:27 -0500
Hi all,

I'm back from a week in the islands. I found some paleo souvenirs, and two
are food related. On St. Lucia coconut oil for cooking is the most popular
oil. The liter I brought back cost me $2.27. The only problem so far is my
cool house made it turn rock solid. People did recommend keeping in the
refrigerator and taking out the night before you plan to use it. But it is
a bit warmer there.

I also found a book "Fruits and Vegetables of the Caribbean" by MJ Bourne,
GW Lennox, and SA Seddon. It cost me $7.85. I entered the ISBN of
0-333-45311-5 into Amazon.com and got no hit. Lots of neat things in it.

Don.