From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:07:18 GMT
The virus which causes teatnus can live deep in the soil for 10 years
(I may
be mistaken, but I think it survives even in anaerobic conditions).
Even
city horses could leave this virus on the street.

The thing that really makes me angry is that emergency room dispende
teatnus
shots every chance they get. When my husband was in a car accident and
did
NOT suffer any open wounds (just bruising) the ER nurse popped him in
the
arm with a "routine" teatnus shot, without asking when he last had
one. For
all she knew, he could have had a booster earlier that week!
Stacie

Tetanus generally comes from horse manure.  Last I checked there were
no
horses pulling any carts down Main St.