From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:16:11 -0800
--- On Sat, 1/31/09, Judee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> read somewhere, and I cannot recall exactly were, that paleo
> man got about
> 11,500 mg/day of potassium.  The RDA, depending on where
> one reads, is now 4700
> mg/day.  The max daily amount is about 21,000 mg/day.
> I recall 9000mg daily from plants and fruits.  I think
> cordain may have cited it but not sure.

Sounds like Cordain. I would like to eat the large amount of vegetable and fruit he recommends, but right now I am going to almost entirely meat and fat until I get my bg under control. Again, the pure Paleolithic diet may not be appropriate until one has repaired the ravages of years of unhealthy eating - if he is correct that our ancestors were heavily into plants. I hope so; I love broccoli, kale, cabbage, romaine, leeks....

Andrea