From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:14:12 -0400
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, David Karas wrote:

> Based upon your posts, we eat quite differently. You have wife and son. You eat
> mostly cooked. I am divorced with grown daughters living in another state. I eat
> almost all of my food raw, no seasonings, nothing fried, no nuts.
> I do eat fruit, some avocados but only a few different items in one meal. There
> is nothing to confuse the body. My diet is not very social. Most people prefer
> not to see me eat raw meat.

You are right.  I also have a teenage daughter.  I do most of the
cooking for the family.  For me, the convivial aspect of eating
is of equal importance with the nutritional aspect.  I am not
interested in adopting a way of eating that has the effect of
isolating me from my fellow human beings.  Just doing paleo with
cooked foods can be a challenge, but for the most part it is
feasible.  And when it isn't feasible I abandon the diet without
a second thought.

Todd Moody