From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:41:40 -0400
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Hans Kylberg wrote:

> At 10:06 1999-04-08 -0400, Todd wrote:
>
> >I find that I can get rid of my psoriasis only if I
> >avoid tomatoes and oranges completely, but both are considered
> >paleo foods.
>
> Who is the athority to tell what is a paleo food and what is not?

If we use the criterion that a paleo food is one that is edible
in the wild state, then tomatoes and oranges are paleo.  Audette
and Gilchrist approve of these two foods in Neanderthin,
presumably for this reason.

If we use the criterion that a paleo food is one that our
ancestors probably *did* eat over the course of many generations,
then we get different answers.  For example, people of European
extraction have been eating wheat much longer than they have been
eating tomatoes.  I can't say about oranges.

Todd Moody