Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:28:16 -0700
Hi Hilary;

Yes.  I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic in 2004 and have been on the Maxim
daily metformin, 850 MG's three times a day, glimepiride 4 MG's once a day
and lantus solo star long acting insulin 35 MG's a bedtime.

Insulin was added last year as I had zero response to the other meds.  I
have lost 70 pounds since August. I have not had any starch or non-paleo
veggies/fruit in that time.  Still, my BG is super high.  I will talk to my
doctor about the other tests. I will eliminate walnuts and seeds from my
meals.  I do want to incorporate bitter melon even though it needs to be
cooked.  It has a wonderful effect on high BG.  I prefer my veggies raw or
barely steamed.

Thanks,

Trish