Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:29:26 -0700
Jim wrote:
Eat as purist as possible and pay attention to this sign: If a
particular food gives you gas, it's not a good food for you.  It's a
very good indicator.
I find it so hard to stay away from beans - which strikes me as a bit odd.  Why do I love them so much when they clearly - and I mean clearly  - cause gastrointestinal problems?
Ron or Phil (sorry guys - love your posts and I must apologize for not remembering which of you) wrote about the chemical stimulus to the brain involved with grains that make it difficult to "get off" of grains.  I'd be very interested in the brain chemistry issues involved with beans.
I (and others) sometimes throw the "addiction" word around rather haphazardly.  But I must say that I do feel addicted to certain foods and that total abstinence is the only way for me not to fall into a full-on, addictive, stupified binge.
gale