From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 03:52:42 -0700
Hi, Jim!

I have unhappy, bloating reactions to whey protein.  For one thing, the
dairy protein, casein, is very similar to the prolamin in gluten, and can
affect a celiac person the same way.  In fact, in some nonceliac people,
the casein can cause the erosion of the intestinal cillia just as the
prolamin does in the celiac person.  Then there's the lactose issue.  I
don't know which one--casein or lactose--is affecting me, or if it is
both.  I do best staying away from all forms of dairy completely.

Jane
Tucson, AZ  USA