From:
Frederiek Bijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:06:58 +0200
> > One chemical, a natural substance known as resveratrol, is found in red
wines,
> particularly those made in cooler climates like that of New York.
>
> The possible benefits could be significant. The chemicals are designed to
mimic
> the effect of a low-calorie diet, which is known to lengthen the life span
of
> rodents.

The dutch article I read about this told me that it was only tested on these
rats, and that these rats didn't get red wine but a yeast mixture containing
a high level of resveratrol...
so it leaves me whit a lot of questions like: the rats where having a diet
that would make us pretty poorly, so how can it be good for us,
the rats didn't ged wine, so how do we no that other substances in wine
don't effect the way it works, what has this New York wine got to do whit
it? (funding???)
and hey, why not, why are we always so sure that when a rat can have it, so
can we?

I know that when I drink wine or eat peanuts, I get sick, and now that I'm
paleo-dieting they smell awfull, so my instinct tells me that I shouldn't
have it, so I won't, not even if a sientist tells me that the chemicals they
added to it will trigger an ancient survival reflex...(ehm okay what ever
thay mean whit that annyway...)

Frederiek