Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:34:18 -0400
Mike MacLeod asked about the contents of a Bliss Bar.

There are at least 12 flavors.  They are handmade and contain, one or more
types of nuts, seeds, or a nut and seed mix plus a dried fruit, some puffed
amaranth seed, honey and sea salt.  For example, there is a yummy pumpkin
seed bar (pumpkin seeds, puffed amaranth, minced dates, and honey); a date
walnut; a sunflower seed bar; an Almond-Cashew Sublime....

They are not too sweet (at least the ones I tried); there is only enough
honey to hold them together.  They contain about 225-240 calories; 15 to 20
grams fat; 15-20 grams carbs; 6 or 7 grams protein (that's an estimate; I've
only tried three or four flavors.

The same company makes a sprouted date-nut "ambrosia" and a "sprouted pizza
cracker" (which I sampled; both were good).  The latter one has sprouted
seeds, with buckwheat and I think rye so is not strictly paleo.   I was not
impressed with their hemp seed bars---which I tried some of when there were
free samples (which I usually pass up because, but these were worth trying).

Cheers,
Rachel

PS.  A friend said he ordered turkey jerky from Omega Nutrition (the company
that makes unrefined coconut butter, which is great!).  He said it was free
of all junk.  I have not tried it but I know they have a web site.  It might
be worth checking out for those who don't YET make jerky!