From:
Mary Gauvreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 14:29:07 -0400
I've been lurking here for awhile and find this list to be very
informative, if occasionally argumentative :).  I am investigating the
paleofood lifestyle because I've always felt that the stuff people call
food, margarine for example, isn't, and that the body doesn't know what
to do with all of the crap, processed sugar & syrups for example, that
saturates almost everything one might find at the grocery store.

I've recently adopted the Adkins diet, but I'm thinking that there are
acceptable foods in this program which may not be altogether healthy.
And I like health best! :)

But the REASON I'm posting today is that Karl said salt works for a sore
throat, and I can vouch for that.  In our house that's what we always
used growing up, warm salt gargles.  Then there was the hot toddy for
really nasty colds/flu (honey, lemon, tea, whiskey)  sometimes with one
or another ingredient left out, depending on whether the idea was to
sleep through it. :)  Don't know if this helps anyone.