From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:36:37 -0500
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Gawen Harrison wrote:

> Interesting, it fits for me.  I am 6'0, I have a long torso.  I wonder if it
> has been studied.

I don't know, but I have always thought that target weight
estimates should take it into consideration.  I am 6'1" tall, but
I wear pants with a 30" inseam.  When I used to practice karate,
they would usually pair people off with people of about the same
height for sparring.  Most people my height have longer legs, and
the difference in stride length would be very noticeable during
certain drills.

Anyway, I just thought that short-leggedness might be an aspect
of a more "northern" body type in general, perhaps also
metabolically.

Todd Moody