From:
Catsfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:31:09 -0600
Hi,

The last message that Susan has posted to the list has left me
wondering if
there is any restaurant, specialty shops when one can buy some of the
already prepared paleo foods in the Toronto/Mississauga area.

I am truly new on this way of dieting.  At the moment I am still
fasting and
have been able to loose 10 unwanted pounds and I feel great.  I intend
keep on it for another 3-4 days and then I'll start to re-introduce
solid
foods to my diet very slowly.

I have read a few message regarding cold/flu.  I don't know if this is
considered paleo or not, but this is what I did when I got sick with
either
one.  I would buy a piece of fresh ginger root, wipe it clean, slice
some of
it up, and boil it for about 10-15 minutes.  (At this point it should
taste
spicy when you drink, if it doesn't it's not strong enough add more
slices
when you boil it).  I would then get to bed and drink it as hot as I
can,
this will make you perspire a lot, change your clothing.  You might
have to
drink one or two cups of hot ginger before you start to perspire it
works
like a charm every time.  And the cold is gone the next day.

I thought of putting my 2 cents in.

Clelia